Just because you live remotely doesn't mean you can't join the most engaging health care student organization in the country!
"I fail to find answers."
"Worse yet, most times I don't even know what questions to ask."
We have the remedy for your frustrations and confusion...Become a virtual South Dakota HOSA-Future Health Professionals member to find the right answers and better yet, learn about what questions to ask!
HOSA-Future Health Professionals is the only nationwide student organization whose focus is 100% health care. As an initiative of the South Dakota Area Health Education Center Program Office, South Dakota HOSA-Future Health Professionals earned its National Charter on June 26, 2013. In 2021-22, South Dakota HOSA boasted a membership of over 1000 in 40+ state-wide chapters.
The mission of South Dakota HOSA is tri-fold:
- We aim for students to ENVISION themselves as future health professionals in South Dakota.
- We aim to ENERGIZE students.
- We aim to ENGAGE students in their academic journey.
Students from all over South Dakota are able join the SD HOSA family. Ninety-seven percent of the counties in South Dakota are considered rural. Students in these communities are "parched" in regard to knowledge and experiences regarding health care and we aim to "quench their thirst."
In order to become a "virtual" HOSA member, you must...
- Have an interest in the health sciences
- Enroll in a health science course of study (Health Careers, Medical Terminology)
- Contact the SD HOSA State Advisor
- Complete the virtual/at-large membership application
- Pay $20 annual membership dues
- Network with hundreds of peers across the state aiming to become future health care professionals in South Dakota
- Engage in competitions making your career ready
- Investigate the plethora of careers available to you in health care
- Earn HOSA only scholarships