Just because you live remotely doesn't mean you can't join the most engaging health care student organization in the country!
"I fail to find answers."
"Worse yet, most times I don't even know what questions to ask."
We have the remedy for your frustrations and confusion...Become a virtual South Dakota HOSA-Future Health Professionals member to find the right answers and better yet, learn about what questions to ask!
HOSA-Future Health Professionals is the only nationwide student organization whose focus is 100% health care. As an initiative of the South Dakota Area Health Education Center Program Office, South Dakota HOSA-Future Health Professionals earned its National Charter on June 26, 2013. In 2019-20, South Dakota HOSA boasted a membership of over 1000 in 37 state-wide chapters.
The mission of South Dakota HOSA is tri-fold:
- We aim for students to ENVISION themselves as future health professionals in South Dakota.
- We aim to ENERGIZE students.
- We aim to ENGAGE students in their academic journey.
In order to become a "virtual" HOSA member, you must...
- Have an interest in the health sciences
- Enroll in a health science course of study (Health Careers, Medical Terminology)
- Contact the SD HOSA State Advisor
- Complete the virtual/at-large membership application
- Pay $20 annual membership dues
- Network with hundreds of peers across the state aiming to become future health care professionals in South Dakota
- Engage in competitions making your career ready
- Investigate the plethora of careers available to you in health care
- Earn HOSA only scholarships