"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he can feed himself for a lifetime." -Chinese Proverb
The cornerstone of HOSA is its Competitive Events Program (CEP). The program allows students the opportunity to complete projects, analyze problems, and practice procedures all relating to healthcare. Through the program students gain confidence and understanding about healthcare professions. The program nurtures students' interests and provides a means for students willing to "feed themselves for a lifetime."
Enjoy hands-on learning and developing health care career specific skills in this category of events.
Enjoy knowledge-based learning involviing online tests in a number of content areas in this category of events.
Enjoy project and presentation-based events with members of a team in this category of events.
Enjoy project-based and emergency skill-based procedures in this category of events.
Enjoy project and presentation-based events that strengthen leadership skills in this category of events.
Enjoy getting recognized for your individual and chapter successes in this category of events.
How to Succeed
- Start early. By November, find an event that fits your specific goals and interests.
- Gather all the reference materials listed in the event guidelines.
- Study, study and study again to prepare for your competition.
- Read through and understand the "General Rules and Regulations" of your event(s).
- View the online competitive events tutorial.
- Practice, practice and practice! Set-up some mock scenarios as you prepare for the real competition.
- Attend all orientations for the event(s) you have registered for.
- Make sure you have all the required materials/equipment you must bring to the event.
- Make sure you follow the HOSA dress code for your competition.
- Have fun, relax and enjoy the event