"... The notion that there are only a few great people who can lead others to greatness is just plain wrong...The truth is, leadership in an identifiable set of skills and abilities that are available to anyone. It is because there are so many leaders-not so few-that extraordinary things get done on a regular basis in organizations, especially in times of great uncertainty." (The Leadership Challenge, Kouzes and Posner, 2012, pg 30)
South Dakota HOSA has a story to tell. The story involves a severe need of future health professionals and their future starts now. It takes a lot of confidence to decide to run for office. However, the experiences you will have, the memories you make, and the skills gained as a professional will be a year you will never forget. The ideal candidate brings personality, vision, professionalism, and a willingness to stretch themselves. Get out of your comfort zone and lead nearly 1000 South Dakota HOSA members to a successful year.
South Dakota HOSA will have at least ONE representative from the following Regions: Region 1: Southeast, Region 2: Northeast, Region 3: West. All positions on the State Officer team, except for President-Elect, will be assigned following election.
The positions are as follows: President-elect, Secretary/Reporter, Social Media/Historian, Treasurer, or Parliamentarian.
All applications for South Dakota HOSA State Office will be done via TALLO.
You will need to create a profile before submitting an application.
Instructions for Application:
- Join TALLO
- Go to www.tallo.com/hosa
- Click the Start Your Free Profile button and create your account
- All South Dakota HOSA Scholarships will be managed through TALLO
- Join the South Dakota HOSA Association
- Click on 'Profile'
- Select 'Edit Profile'
- Select 'Associations' in the far left column
- Type in HOSA-Future Health Professionals
- Search For South Dakota HOSA State Officer Application
- In the TALLO banner select 'Opportunities'
- Under 'Keyword', type in South Dakota
- Select '2022-23 South Dakota HOSA State Officer Application' from the list
- Review the 'Requirements'
- Fill out the required fields
- Click 'Apply Now'
*Note: At the end of the application, you will be asked to upload a number of forms:
In the 'MORE INFORMATION' box, print off the following forms:
1) State Officer Candidate Agreement Form
2) State Officer Code of Conduct Form
3) State Officer Medical Liability/Parental Form
4) State Officer Uniform Information Form
5) State Officer Social Media Permission Form
1st- complete each of the forms
2nd- save the documents separately
3rd- upload them to the application as required.
Envision yourself as a doer; one that doesn't just tell a story, but lives the story!