HOSA students take notice...In collaboration with South Dakota Biotech and Sanford Research, South Dakota HOSA has created a new competitive event entitled "Biotechnology Video" event. This event is a teamwork event in which 2-3 members will collaborate in creating a video involving the inquiry:"What does STEM mean to you?"
To possibly supplement your information, you may approach a local biotech company to see how they are using STEM in their business. The video you create wil be 60-120-second in length. Awards will be given at the 2019 SD HOSA State Leadership Conference.
Please pay attention to the to the following:
- Some companies may not want video shot as much of the work is proprietary
- Students should conduct interviews during business hours
- Students should give the business two weeks notice to schedule and interview
- Students should keep interview and video to an hour or less during the visit
Prize money is listed below:
1st Place: $750
2nd Place: $500
3rd Place: $250
Here is a link to the logistics for the event: /images/uploads/pdfs/2019_Biotech_Video_Competition_Logistics_and_Rubric.pdf
Here is a link to the biotech companies you may wish to reach out to and collaborate with:
- SAB Biotherapeutics – Christoph Bausch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BioSNTR - BreeAnn Brandhagen, email@example.com.
- USD – Rozzy Finn, Rozzy.Finn@usd.edu.
- Sanford – Liz, Elizabeth.McMillan@sanfordhealth.org
- Sue Lancaster, Medgene Labs & Prairie AquaTech, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biotechnology is changing the face...of everything...agriculture, business, education, healthcare; you name it!...