The Health Care Team event has been designed to incorporate team based care and learning into a health scenario. According to the World Health Organization, IPE is defined as “when students from two or more professions learn about, from and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes.” All of the links to surveys and modules are found on this webpage.
- Allows students to define and gain insight into interprofessional education (IPE).
- Allows students to research multiple health disciplines and identify these roles.
- Allows students to work as a health care team when role playing for the event.
- Allows students to collaborate when treating a standardized patient or simulation.
- Students must read and have legal guardian sign the consent form (click- HERE)
- Students must complete an online pre-assessment IPE survey. (click-HERE)
- Students must complete seven(7) online IPE modules.
- Students must print a Certificate of Completion.
- Students must complete a post-assessment IPE survey (following State Leadership Conference)
Pre-Module: Register for Portfolio (Link)
- This module asks you to create a portfolio that will be used to “save” your progress. It is important for you to create a portfolio as you will be able to print the certificate of completion when you’ve completed the seven modules. As you complete activities within the modules, please save them to your portfolio by clicking “save answers”.
Module I: Introduction to IPE (Link)
- This module will introduce you to IPE (Estimated time of completion: 2 minutes)
Module II: Starting to think about IPE (Link)
- This module focuses on the benefits and drawbacks of IPE. There are also two videos regarding what others are saying regarding IPE I the health care setting. (Estimated time of completion: 10 minutes)
Module III: Learning WITH other professionals (Link)
- This module will help you determine your learning style, personality profile, and how to work WITH other professionals. (Estimated time of completion: 15 minutes)
Module IV: Learning FROM other professionals (Link)
- This module will help identify leadership roles typically found in groupsand learning FROM other professionals.(Estimated time of completion: 15 minutes)
Module V: Learning ABOUT other professionals (Link)
- This module will help you identify what other health professionals do and how you can learn ABOUT other professionals. (Estimated time of completion: 10 minutes)
Module VI: Video Case-How do things change in a team environment? (Link)
- In this module, you will view a video and answer questions regarding team-based care. (Estimated time of completion: 15 minutes)
Module VII: Improving Care Interprofessionally (Link)
- This module will wrap up your IPE experience by asking you questions regarding IPE and what you have learned. (Estimated time of completion: 5 minutes)